About Me

My Photo
Mumbai, India
I am an animal person. I own two lovely dogs and two gorgeous cats. I work with the wildlife conservation NGO Satpuda Foundation in the tiger reserves of central India. Before that I worked for 14 years with the street dogs of Mumbai. I created and manage the INDog Project www.indog.co.in and the INDog Club.

This blog is for aboriginal breed enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (Indian Pariah) and INDog-mix mongrels are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive natural breed called the Indian Pariah Dog/INDog.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

India in NYC


























I'm a five year old Indian Pariah Dog living in New York City. My mama named me after the country of my birth. She found me in Gokarna, Karnataka as a two week old puppy. I was covered with bugs and she tried to pick as many off of me as she could but then took me to a State veterinarian who gave me an injection to kill all the parasites.

Unfortunately, the vet made a
mistake and gave me a full dog's dose when I was only a small puppy. I became very sick and almost died...my Mama took me to a private veterinarian who treated me for the overdose. She prayed very hard that I
would live...and when I did, we knew we were meant to be together always!

I've spent most of my life in New York City...here people like my exotic look and ask what breed of dog I am. I was kicked out of my first day care for being to feisty but my mama was able to get me into another one where they encourage the rambunctious play that I like. I do many activities such as kayaking, going to the park where I play with children and other dogs, and celebrating the American holiday called Halloween....my Mama likes for us to get dressed up together and enter contests...frankly I hate it, but I do it to make her happy...and we win every year so that means treats for me!

Caroline Walker
NYC, USA

3 comments:

Amit said...

Very Vital nad useful info for those who do not know the difference between the Pariah and Mongrel...
Good work

silentdreams said...

hi...i have a beautiful indian pariah dog....whom ilove more than my life...could u please guide me that how were you able to import your indian pariah to new york...coz i need to do the same...and im really worried...

Rajashree Khalap said...

silentdreams - this company specializes in pet relocations from India http://furryflyers.com/pet_export_worldwide.html