About Me

My Photo
Mumbai, India
I am an animal lover. I own two lovely dogs and two gorgeous cats. I work with the wildlife conservation NGO Satpuda Foundation in the tiger reserves of central India. Before that I worked for 14 years with the street dogs of Mumbai. I created and manage the INDog Project www.indog.co.in and the INDog Club.

This blog is for aboriginal breed enthusiasts and for the INDog/Indian Pariah Dog Club. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Membership of the Club is restricted to Pariah Dogs and mongrels (mix-breeds) only. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive natural breed cynologists call the Indian Pariah Dog/INDog. The Club is an informal group with over 200 members.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Nagaon dogs: Zanjeer








































Nagaon is a seaside village near Alibag which we visit very often. In fact it's Lalee's and Bandra's second home.

Last year we found homes for two street dogs there: white INDog-Labrador mix Zanjeer, and INDog-heaven-knows-what mix Brownie. I have to thank my caretaker Gharat for his efforts to find good owners for WSD dogs.

As you can see from the photos in both the Nagaon dogs posts, these two are thoroughly enjoying the switch from city to country living.

Zanjeer lives very near my own house, his owner's name is Pandurang. WSD volunteer Rohan Mukerjee took these lovely photos of him on a recent visit.


Rajashree Khalap

Photos: Rohan Mukerjee

No comments: