I am posting a message from June Basar, who adopted beautiful INDog pup Picolo a few months ago. June is getting married and will have to shift to Denmark soon. But taking a dog into Denmark is extremely difficult, thanks to conditions for a blood test which are almost impossible to comply with in India. Please read June's message below for the details. Picolo's only chance may be if someone going to Denmark could carry his blood sample there for testing. If you know anyone going there, please contact June urgently.
If this doesn't work, Picolo will need a new home.
I need help, fast
- If you are going to Denmark soon, can you please carry Picolo’s blood or enzyme sample? It is completely legit and I will provide permission papers from the vet in India, the lab in Denmark and the Danish border control.
- Does anyone want to adopt the most handsome and loving dog in this whole wide world?
- We found a very nice apartment in Copenhagen, but no pets allowed. We gave up the lease and hope to find another one that allows dogs. The real estate agent was very helpful, “Good Luck! Wait for 2 years”, is what has been offered so far.
- The Danish government needs a blood/enzyme sample test report which is at least 3 months old. We postponed our wedding so I could bring him with me to DK after 3 months of the test.
- Then I got a mail from the Danish border control saying the blood/ enzyme test has to be done only in a European Union approved lab, NONE of which are in India.
- Big problem, but we decided to ship his blood sample to the lab in Denmark. I was happy. Life was going as planned.
- Picolo needs a microchip identification implanted. It needs to be done on the SAME DAY as his rabies vaccination. His vaccination 2 months ago. But we can always give him another rabies shot and implant the microchip.
- There is only ONE courier company that agreed to ship his blood sample. It will cost me a minimum of 15000 Rupees (1650 DKK) Life is expensive, but life is still good.
- The courier company called again to say they do not take blood samples sent by an individual. It has be from a certified laboratory that does routine business with them. But there are no EU certified pet laboratories in India, which is why I need to send the sample to Denmark in the first place.
- Without the blood report, Picolo wont be allowed to enter Denmark.