About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier, birder and amateur arachnologist. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a wildlife conservationist working in the tiger reserves of central India with Satpuda Foundation.

This blog is for aboriginal breed enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (Indian Pariah) and INDog-mix mongrels are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive natural breed called the Indian Pariah Dog/INDog. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pup for adoption, Pune





Sameer Prabhakar has rescued a really cute pup and wants to find a good home for him. I'm copying the appeal from his blog:

I was hanging out near my friend's shop yesterday night around 8 p.m. when I heard the next-door shopkeeper trying to shoo away a tiny puppy using his big leather slipper. I went and picked up the poor guy and scolded this shopkeeper. The pup was so terrified that he had peed.

Well I did not know what to do so I took him to my earlier maid's house, she has agreed to take care of him for a few days while I find somebody to adopt this poor baby. Unfortunately I can't keep him because I am working 6 days a week and already have a dog.

The pup seems to have been picked up by somebody and then abandoned, he has a little rag-tag collar around his neck. He seems to be around 15 days old and in good shape. It is black in colour with some brown patches on its paws. I am sure he will make a lovely pet.


Please pass the word around...let's help this guy find a nice loving family to live with.

Contact: +919623556161 / findsameer@gmail.com

Sameer Prabhakar,
Pune


2 comments:

ourstreetdogs said...

That is a cute puppy...Hope he will find a home soon.

Tweeting now...

Anu said...

hi...i have 4 stray puppies,they are barely 2weeks old and their mom died in a car accident.I stay in viman nagar,and as of now am taking care of all of them.
Kindly get in touch if ur a dog lover,and want to adopt these babies.
Anu (9028284257)

{wil upload pics soon}