About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier, birder and amateur arachnologist. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a wildlife conservationist working in the tiger reserves of central India with Satpuda Foundation.

This blog is for aboriginal breed enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (Indian Pariah) and INDog-mix mongrels are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive natural breed called the Indian Pariah Dog/INDog. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dislocation 3 - New in my neighbourhood

Of the seven neutered dogs dumped in my street, these are the three that have managed to settle and make their home here.



Above, below: I first saw these two dogs in March. They had settled in my old Puppy's territory after I adopted her. Later they shifted to a meat shop in a little side-lane.





Above: This one was dumped outside our house some time last year. He lives on a pavement that had been unoccupied by dogs for the past few years.

These are the lucky ones.


Mumbai

Do read Dislocation 4

No comments: