About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier, birder and amateur arachnologist. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a wildlife conservationist working in the tiger reserves of central India with Satpuda Foundation.

This blog is for aboriginal breed enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (Indian Pariah) and INDog-mix mongrels are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive natural breed called the Indian Pariah Dog/INDog. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

INDogs of Jharkhand: Niky and Robin

These stunning INDogs are from Jharkhand. They belong to Prince Kumar and his family. Niky is the adult light brown female and the red-brown pup is Robin.

























Their story, from Prince:

I adopted Niky from the roadside when she was a puppy. She was being hit by some ill-mannered children. My little sister asked me to save her, so I brought her to my home. 


Niky as a puppy
























She is now one and a half years old. 















































She is a very cute and playful dog, but very aggressive against strangers. 

The only thing she lacks is that she is not socialized to dogs. She hates other dogs. For this reason I decided to bring home a puppy to give her a friend. 
































I adopted little Robin from a Santhal person's home. For a week I kept them separately as Niky was quite aggressive towards Robin. But now they are friends. 
























In fact their friendship bond is so strong that if one is given a bath the other cries to request me not to give a bath. 

They are both trained with all the basic commands. Robin is about 2 months old. 


Another of gorgeous Niky






















Photos and story: Prince Kumar
Ranchi,
Jharkhand

 Please do not use images/content from this site without permission and acknowledgment

No comments: